1. GWAS Central requires appropriate attribution for any of its services or data that are subsequently used in another product, service, or publication. Please cite Beck and Hastings et al 2013 and www.gwascentral.org
2. Individual records in GWAS Central remain the intellectual property of the various original data sources, and any questions concerning acceptable use, copying, storage or distribution of individual data items should be directed to those sources.
3. The public content of GWAS Central, suitably apportioned, are freely available by any individual for searching, browsing, download, and further dissemination on the strict understanding that no records are altered in any way other than trivial format changes.
4. Service provision is provided on a ‘fair use’ basis. Excessive use of GWAS Central web services may result in service discontinuation for an organisation or user if the resources are exploited to a level that prevents, or potentially prevents, GWAS Central from providing a good service to others. In these instances GWAS Central will contact the user or organisation to discuss their usage needs further.
5. GWAS Central does not guarantee the accuracy of any data or databases nor the suitability of databases, software and services for any purpose.
6. GWAS Central will make all reasonable effort to maintain continuity of service and provide adequate warning of any changes or discontinuities. However, GWAS Central accepts no responsibility for the consequences of any temporary or permanent discontinuity in service.
7. The software developed in the GWAS Central project is made fully and freely available under the standard terms of the GNU General Public License Version3 as part of an active collaboration.